Divesting businesses not only requires transparent financial data on earnings and net assets to provide potential buyers with all relevant information, but might also require a clear view on the impact of the divestment on the remaining operations.
- Prepare carve-out financial information including balance sheet and profit and loss data for historical periods
- Prepare planning models for divested business reflecting the impact of carving the business out of the existing operations
- Assess consequences of separating a business (subsidiary, division, product group, sales region etc.) on remaining business
- Provide financial input for Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Identify need for Transitional Service Agreements (TSA)
- Determine remnant costs